Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Google Talk Updates

[smile] [frown] [tongue][grin] are just some of the emoticons I recently noticed when using the Google Talk client within Gmail - this comes at a bit of a surprise as I would have expected then to keep their method which they used in Google Talk of just making the emoticon blue, like :D but it seems Google might be looking towards being a little bit more modern in their emoticons dept.

I saw a while back a 'preview' of a new version of Google Talk which would offer avitars, but unless I have missed something that feature is not out yet - so prehaps we are going to get a brand new version of Google Talk soonish?

What I would expect from what I have seen:
  • 'Real' emoticons - while still keeping it simple
  • The AOL intergration
  • Avitars
  • File transfer - this comes from the fact that they Google Talk protical can now support the p2p of files ...
“Today Google released an update to Libjingle. Part of this update is code for a new “tunnel” session type that allows TCP-like data to be transferred over the google talk network. This means that their library now supports file ...
So there you have it, oh, and we might just see some landline intergration - I cannot picture Google staying were it is with regards to that ...

1 Comments:

At 4:11 AM , Blogger Kevin Dellinger said...

This info is invaluable. How can I find out more? Go to this site: How To Lock Files When Nobody Else Will.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home